Monday, October 29, 2012

I Was Born....

The Storm

Those who know me, upon seeing the title of this post are probably thinking, "oh no, here we go with Michael telling his life story again."  Not to worry, however, the title is really just a way for me to start.

I'm new to this blogging thing.  I was given the idea a week or so ago by a very good  friend of mine who sent me someone else's blog to read.  It was well-written and interesting and it gave me the idea.  You see, I've always enjoyed writing and for some reason, I always seem to have a lot to say.  This blogging thing, and my desire to write and my mind that never stops, is a marriage made in heaven!

I've been thinking about it for a while and trying to figure out how and where to start.  So today, amid the news stories and TV specials regarding the hurricane that will soon make landfall on the east coast - Hurricane Sandy, referred to as "Superstorm," "Frankenstorm" - I begin.  As I'm sitting here listening to the rain as it pounds on the roof of my (so far) dry house, it occurs to me that this might actually be a pretty serious storm.  Writing now is a nice diversion to what's going on outside.....

No comments:

Post a Comment